Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tribute to a Six Year Old








Six years old in June and I cannot believe it how fast that has happened! I can remember the day when I found out I was pregnant with her; experiencing all the changes that come with pregnancy. I remember the day I had her and every day following that, but I cannot believe it has already been SIX years! On her birthday she went to Nat-Soo-Pah with her class and swam the day away. That night we went to dinner at Applebee's with Grandma & Grandpa Paul, Grandma Stanger, Jett, Tate, Dad & Mom; she got sang to and a birthday sundae! The next night we had a pinkalicious dessert party; I can honestly say I have never had so much fun decorating. Everything was pink including most of the food; we had balloons everywhere and tissue paper poms poms.....it was a ton of fun. Brittley got lots of cool new things and thank you to everyone who came and celebrated her Sixth birthday!!














Miss Brittley as a six year old loves: -Bows, flowers, and headbands for her hair; she usually has a flavor of the week and wears the same hair accessory for the entire week with any outfit :) -SKIRTS, SKIRTS, SKIRTS (it is a struggle sometimes) -Playing with cousins....loves loves her cousins Being a big sister -She can count to 100 with ones and 200 with 10's -She knows all of her letters and sounds Can write complete sentences Loves to READ and does a fantastic job with it
-Swimming and being in the sun
-Wants to move to a warmer place like St. George, UT (just ask her about St. George & she'll tell you all about it)
-Has a major soft spot for animals (did not get it from her mom) and loves all pets
-Dancing, cheer, and anything girly in that category :)
-Art, Art, Art....she loves to color, paint, and anything in between -Loves Barbie & princess movies
-Wearing all one color....purple pants, purple shirt, and purple socks Playing with dolls(barbies, polly pockets, princesses, lalaloopsy, doll houses basically anything that comes in micro size and makes a big mess!) SCHOOL--loved kindergarten so much she does not want to go to first grade!!



I am so proud of my little girl and the person she is growing up to be. She is always on the run except for when she gets headaches; then it is a fast crash down. She loves to go, go, go, but also likes to take it easy and watch movies. She desperately wants a little sister, but does a fantastic job of being a big sister to Tate. We love our little Brittley and nothing could compare to the light and spunk she brings into our life on a daily basis!

When I was one I had just begun.....




When I was two I was hardly new......




When I was three I was barely me.....







When I was four I was not much more......


When I was five I was just alive.......


But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.So I think I'll be Six now forever and ever."

--A. A. Milne, "Now We Are Six"





Kindergarten Graduation: May 27, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment